Designing Your Kitchen and Bath - Questionnaire
- What do you currently like about your kitchen?
- What do you currently wish you could change about your kitchen? What change do you expect out of this remodel?
- What are you always thinking to yourself, “I wish I had…..”
- Why are you changing? Because your kitchen is outdated or not useful, hurricane or termite damage, insurance purposes or looking to increase the value of your home?
- Do you need more light?
- Would you like to be able to walk outside from the kitchen to access the grill?
- Are you making changes for you or for potential resale? How long do you plan to stay in the home?
- How much time do you have to “build” the new kitchen?
- Has a budget been set for the new kitchen?
- Do you have enough electrical outlets? Are they close to the appliances you need?
- Does anyone that uses the kitchen have special needs?
- Is the kitchen easy to clean?
- Do you currently not use certain items because they are too far back or too hard to reach? (consider pullout shelves)
- Do you have the items you use most frequently close to you? (plan for those to be close by again)
- Does the layout work well for how you or the primary cook like to cook?
- Are your spices hard to manage? (incorporate a spice organizer)
- Are the appliances out of date or will the existing ones be reused?
- Is the refrigerator large enough?
- Is the dishwasher quiet enough?
- Is the dishwasher easy to unload (consider a drawer or riser)
- Would it be helpful to have a second dishwasher?
- Do you want appliances with a more updated color
- Do you have enough counter space?
- Do you have enough storage space?
- Do you need space for anything other than cooking, like a small desk area or bar area?
- Do you shop at the grocery store daily, weekly or at warehouse/bulk stores like Costco? How much will you need room to store?
- Is your kitchen too large or too small?
- Is the sink large enough? Is the configuration good for you?
- Do you have enough shelf space?
- Do you want to change styles completely or keep the same style?
- If you tear out pictures from magazines of new kitchens, what do they all have in common?
- How many people will the kitchen/eating area need to accommodate?
- Where does the family eat meals now? Is it comfortable?
- Do you entertain? How often? Is there enough room to entertain?
- Do you allow guests to help cook when entertaining?